Did you forget about cleaning your tech during your routine spring cleaning? Tech gadgets are magnets for collecting bacteria, dust, dirt and grime. Did you know that smartphones carries more germs than a toilet seat? Yikes!
Today’s infographic deals with the reality of tech germs. Keep reading to learn these facts and the Top 5 Tips on How To Spring Clean Your Tech including finding out who has access to your social media accounts. You don’t want to miss it!
Top 5 Tips on How To Spring Clean Your Tech
- Clean Your Hard Drive - Use a freeware program like CCleaner to clean up temporary files and fix issues in the registry to make it run faster
- Check Your Permissions – Chances are you’ve had your social media accounts active for more than a few years. Take 2 minutes and clean your apps permissions - you will probably be surprised to discover who has access to your account
- Secure Your Smartphone - If you have an iPhone you must register with iCloud and install Find My Phone for your own safety; unfortunately there are jerks out there
- Strengthen Your Password – Now is a great time to ensure your password is strong enough to keep your personal data secure
- Donate Old Tech - Don’t let your used gadgets collect dust. Donate your e-waste to be used for a good cause like “helping the needy get nerdy” at Free Geek Toronto